Here at Short Order, we’re all about making life in the kitchen easier. We know what kinds of equipment it takes to keep a restaurant kitchen running smoothly… and we don’t want to be shelve-ish about sharing our tips. Read on and see for your-shelf how you can stay organized with the right carts and shelving.
Types of Shelving
- Dunnage racks are best for keeping heavy items off the floor. They come in a variety of sizes from brands like Lakeside, Metro, and New Age.
- Dry storage shelving kits are a versatile way to organize anything from pans to pickle jars. Strong, adjustable, and available in a variety of sizes, dry storage shelving is a good catch-all for your equipment and supplies.
- Keg racks are suitable for… what else? Kegs. Though you can likely get away with putting your kegs on another type of shelving, keg racks are specifically made to support the weight and shape of kegs.
- Display shelving is a great way to put your grab-and-go products front and center. Get those dry goods out from the storage room or behind the counter and place them where customers can see them.
- Security carts are useful for items in your kitchen that need extra protection. An enclosed security cart is best for products like alcohol, and is especially useful for caterers who tend to work off-site and need a safe way to transport goods. Security carts are available as stationary units are mobile units.