Nothing lifts the misery associated with hot, humid summer weather faster than a refreshing dessert. So as the heat index rises to unbearable levels all across the country, be sure to have the following cold and frozen desserts on the menu to ease your customers’ suffering.
Ice cream & sorbet
While it’s perfectly acceptable to serve ordinary ice cream in standard cones, it doesn’t take that much more effort to offer your patrons something different and exciting. We suggest:
- Making your own custom ice cream flavors or teaming up with a local producer of artisan ice creams.
- Giving sorbet a kick by blending it with sangria, rum, merlot, or even champagne for a blissfully boozy treat.
- Creating awesome ice cream sandwiches by wedging ice cream between two giant cookies, brownies, graham crackers, mini doughnuts, or other treat of your choice.
Pies & cakes
The true beauty of pies and cakes lies in their versatility. They can be dense and heavy when you wish for hearty fare, or they can be light and airy when the occasion calls for something more refreshing. Some can’t-miss ideas that fall into the latter category include:
- Pudding-based pies in popular flavors like vanilla, chocolate, and banana creme served chilled from your True commercial refrigerator display.
- Concoctions that are heavy on fresh fruit, such as key lime pie, strawberry shortcake, rhubarb cheesecake, pineapple upside-down cake, or raspberry tart.
- Ice cream-based cakes and pies in virtually any flavor, including cookie dough, mint chocolate chip, espresso, and red velvet.
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to creating a parfait. If the ingredients taste delectable and look enticing when layered in a glass, then you’re good to go. Some interesting combinations to try this summer are:
- Mojito cheesecake parfait
- Pistachio pudding parfait
- PB&J parfait
- Watermelon & coconut sorbet parfait
- Tapioca passionfruit parfait
- Cranberry meringue parfait
The options for refreshingly cold or frozen summer desserts are limited only by your imagination. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your menu and keep your True ice cream freezer, spot freezer, or display refrigerator stocked with scrumptious and satisfying goodies all season long.